Founder, Majesic Music
I am a producer, songwriter and musician and have worked for record labels as a Staff Producer and A&R (talent scout). I started playing piano at 8 yrs old and never stopped, playing in bands and learning studio recording through high school and college. In the 90's I served as assistant to legendary producers Arif Mardin (Atlantic Records) and Tommy Lipuma (Elektra), working with such artists as Roberta Flack, Anita Baker, Natalie Cole, Chaka Kahn, Joe Sample and more. I also had the incredible experience of working beside the legendary Al Schmitt (22 time Grammy winner) for 2 years who continued to be a friend, business partner and mentor to me. During that time I discovered Jonatha Brooke and a young Jennifer Love Hewitt who's album I produced for Doug Morris (then CEO of Atlantic).
In the 00's after working as an independent producer/engineer, I was hired by veteran Sony executive, Michael Caplan to be Director of A&R / Staff Producer for his new label, Or Music. We signed and developed the careers of Los Lonely Boys (Grammy winners), Matisyahu (Grammy nominated), Pitty Sing, Tower of Power, John Cale, Alexandro Escovido among others. I served as producer, engineer and mastering engineer for many of those artists. Also, during that time my song, "Free To Be A Woman" co-written with Jennifer Love Hewitt, became the theme song for the Style Network's "The Modern Girl" which aired for 2 years.
Subsequently, I went to Sony Music serving as A&R / Staff Producer. During that time I signed and produced Tina Sugandh, consulted for artists that included Ozzy Osbourne and Coheed & Cambria and did a good deal of recording, mixing and mastering, including more work with Matisyahu (Live In Israel, No Place To Be) and mixing bands who appeared on Conan and other TV shows. In 2007 I migrated to Razor & Tie, serving as Staff Producer / A&R Consultant for artists such as Semi Prescious Weapons, Tina Sugandh and Simon Collins. During that time the song I co-wrote and produced for Tina Sugandh, "Break Me" went to #4 on the Billboard Dance Charts.
After 5 years in residence at Avatar/Power Station Studios, in 2009 I moved to Williamsburg, Brooklyn and founded my own studio Majestic Music Factory, producing and recording artists such as Michael Jackson, Katia Cadet, Railroad Earth, Kina Grannis etc.
It has been an incredible pleasure to work with and record with so many great musicians across many genres over the years: Al Jarraeu, Wayne Shorter, Shirley Horn, Take 6, Dr John, David Sanborn, Ron Carter, Grady Tate, Kenny Baron, John Clayton, Harvey Mason, Vinnie Colaiuta, Will Lee, Jeff Porcaro, John Robinson, Nathan East, Steve Ferrone, Anthony Jackson, Paul Jackson Jr, Dean Parks...such incredible creative energy!
Now, in the beautiful state of New Hampshire I have built a recording studio that embodies 25 years of recording experience and founded Majestic Music as an ideal home to develop the careers of talented artists. The music continues!
Founder, Majestic Music
-Michael Jackson "Michael" (Sony): engineering
-Soundtrack "Glengarry Glen Ross" (Elektra) Assistant Producer
Little Jimmy Scott
-Little Jimmy Scott "All The Way" (Warner Bros) Assistant Producer (Grammy nominated)
-Joe Sample "Invitation" Assistant Producer (#1 Jazz Album)
-Matisyahu "Live At Stubs" Producer, Mixer, Recording, Mastering #1 Reggae album (Billboard), #2 Reggae album of the decade 2000-2010 (Billboard)-
- Matisyahu "Live in Israel" DVD (Sony), Mixer, Production Consultant
- Matisyahu "No Place To Be" (Sony) Producer, Mixer, Recording
- Los Lonely Boys (Or Music/Sony): Acoustic tracks, live tracks: Producer, Mixer, Recording, A&R (Grammy for Best Pop Performance, 2005)
-Tower of Power "Live at the Village Underdground" (Or Music) Mixing, Recording, A&R
- Anita Baker "Rhythm of Love"(Elektra) Synth Programmer
- Natalie Cole "Take A Look" (Elektra) engineering
- Kina Grannis "Stairwells" (One Haven Music): Producer, Recording, Mixing, Mastering. #5 Billboard Top Internet Albums chart, #2 Billboard Heatseekers chart, #18 Billboard Independent Albums chart.
- Elizabeth Valgur "Valgur" (Universal Music, Mexico): Mixing (album)
-Railroad Earth "Railroad Earth" (One Haven Music): Producer, Recording, Mixing, Mastering. Named #1 album of 2010 by JamBands Online
-Semi Precious Weapons (Razor & Tie): Mixing, A&R. Touring with Lady Gaga.
-Tina Sugandh (Razor & Tie) Producer, Songwriter (7 songs), Mixer, Recording. Single "Break Me" #4 Billboard Dance Chart (co writer, producer).
-"Free To Be A Woman" featuring Jennifer Love Hewitt: Theme Song for The Style Network's "The Modern Girl" Songwriter, Producer, Mixing, Recording
- Katia Cadet: album, "Boundless" Mixing. Grammy nominated artist.
- Katia Cadet: Recording, Mixing "Lan Mo Devan" benefit for Haiti
- Endeverafter (Razor & Tie) Mixing
- Pitty Sing "Demons, You Are the Stars in Cars 'Til I Die" (Or Music) Producer, Recording, Mixing, A&R
- Michael Showalter (Comedian) "Sandwiches and Cats" Recording
- Alejandro Escovido "Por Vida" Tribute (including Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, Calexico, Cowboy Junkies, Charlie Sexton, John Cale): Mastering, A&R
-Alpha Rev - Producer, Recording, Mixing
-Jennifer Love Hewitt "Let's Go Bang" (Atlantic) Producer, Songwriter, Keyboards
-Chaka Khan "The Woman I Am" (Warner Bros) Assistant
-Roberta Flack "Set The Night To Music" (Atlantic) Assistant
-Howard Hewitt "Allegiance"(Elektra) Assistant Producer
-Linda Eder "It's No Secret Anymore" (Atlantic) Assistant Engineer
-The Story (Jonatha Brooke), secured record deal with Elektra Records
-Jennifer Love Hewitt, secured deal with Atlantic Records
- 1991 Atlantic Records, Production assistant to Arif Mardin 1992: Elektra Records, A&R, Production assistant to Tommy Lipuma. Signed Jonatha Brook and The Story, Jennifer Love Hewitt (to Atlantic). - 1994-2002: Independent Record Producer, Songwriter 1994: Created A&A Vintage Rentals with partner Al Schmitt (19 time Grammy winner).
- 2002-2005: Director of A&R, Staff Producer, Or Music (Los Lonely Boys (Grammy), Matisyahu, Tower of Power, John Cale, Alejandro Escovedo, Pitty Sing)
- 2005-2007: A&R Consultant, Producer, Sony (One Haven Music)
- 2007: A&R Consultant, Producer, Razor & Tie
- 2009: Launched Majestic Music Factory Studio, Brooklyn, NY
- 2013: Launched Majestic Music LLC